Tuition & Tours with Alex Hyde
Teaching photography is an important and enjoyable part of my business. I like meeting new people and sharing creative ideas. I have coached people of all ages and technical abilities, both in one-to-one sessions and small groups.
When teaching I will do my very best to understand your interests and requirments and tailor the information accordingly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like to find out more, I am always happy to answer your questions.
Photography Tours with Wildife Worldwide (1 - 3 weeks)
I run photography tours with friend and fellow photograper Nick Garbutt to locations around the world including Borneo, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Austria and the Isle of Mull. Please visit my tour page at Wildife Worldwide to book or find out more:
Private One-to-one / Small Group Workshops (1 - 3 days)
>>Beginner's Course in DSLR / Mirrorless Photography
>>Peak District Nature and Macro Photography
"Good teaching requires two crucial ingredients: a detailed and thorough understanding of the subject and the ability to communicate clearly, precisely and without resorting to jargon. Never are these more important than when teaching technical subjects to those who may not be technically minded. Alex has the enviable ability to cut straight through ‘technical haze’ and lift the shrouds of mystery that surrounds so much of photography and digital processing."
Nick Garbutt, Devon
"Hi Alex - just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed yesterday's excellent one-to-one tuition day. It was extremely useful and I learnt several brand new post-processing skills as well as having two very good sessions out 'in the field' shooting panoramas and multiple exposures for blending on the PC later."Mike Cummins, Derbyshire
"The day I spent out in the Peak District really opened my eyes to different ways of looking at things I could take photos of. Alex was a really great help and showed me how I could make the most of the tools that I had to work with and the landscape around us- His enthusiasm is something incredibly special and really helped make the day a brilliant experience!"
Abbie Rechert, Derbyshire
"I am an Octogenarian whose lifelong interest has been photography. The digital age of Photography has come as a distinct culture shock to me. The skills with film and darkroom that I had practised for many decades have all been superseded by the new technologies. I was struggling and needed help! My family bought me a day’s tuition with Alex Hyde. Alex proved brilliant. My cognitive skills are not what they were only a few years ago; but he was infinitely patient and was able to explain things slowly and simply in terms that I could understand. I have employed him many times since and with his help have made considerable progress. One of my pictures has been accepted for publication. I will continue to employ Alex Hyde for as long as he is prepared to teach me."
Len Dawes, Derbyshire
Beginner's Course in DSLR / Mirrorless Photography - One Day Workshop
One-to-one rate £275
(+£100 per additional person)
>>booking / request details
Starting from the very beginning, I will guide you through everything you need to know to become a confident photographer.
Learn the benefits of shooting RAW.
- Understand how the choice of aperture, shutter speed and ISO alters your images.
Courses are based in the Peak District, Derbyshire where I live. If you need accommodation, I can recommend an excellent B&B nearby.
Peak District Nature and Macro Photography (1, 2 or 3 day courses available)
One-to-one rate £275 per day
(+£100 per additional person per day)
>>booking / request details
- These workshops are based around what's seasonably available, making the most of what nature has to offer. This could include searching for fungi in ancient oak woodlands or roaming the limestone dales looking for wild flowers and insects. Whatever we end up photographing, you will be able to learn my favourite techniques in nature and macro photography. This will include use of off-camera flash, a skill that is central to my work. Focus stacking is another popular topic.
- I have a studio that can be used for indoor work and computer-based elements such as assembling focus stacks.
- Workshops can be tailored to understanding particular pieces of equipment such as the Canon MP-E 65mm Macro Lens, the Laowa 24mm Macro Probe Lens or even how to mount microscope lenses on your camera.
- Courses are based in the Peak District, Derbyshire where I live. If you need accommodation, I can recommend an excellent B&B nearby.
>>BACK TO TOP